Back from WWDC
kaplandj • June 12, 2010Software Business
Just back to Philly on Red Eye this morning. Feeling like my ass was kicked in typical fashion. This was my first and I really enjoyed the conference. I know I’m under NDA, so there is not much to talk about there. General thoughts:
- I’m glad I got into the main room for keynote. Even though it was barely. I still waited in the cattle line for 2 hours. I thought Jobs was “on”. I love the new phone. It is getting better all the time.
- It was nice standing in line with Clay Andres from Apress. Our first time meeting. Great guy. But I knew that.
- Enjoyed the Apress Authors party. Finally got to put a face with those voices and emails. Thanks to Lisa Lau for putting that together.
- We handed out about 300 iPad and iPhone Stencils over the week. Most of them by my girlfriend Sasha on Monday morning.
- This event is very crowded. I found that Mission room the most uncomfortable place on earth. Other then a sardine can.
- In general I would not call the talks anything close to “in depth”. Just my two cents.
- It was great meeting Ken Maskrey. I was his TR on his iPhone Accessory Book. It just came out and I just received a copy. We talked at length about many ideas.