Entrepreneur Perfect Storm
kaplandj • August 31, 2007Misc Ramblings Software Business Synthetic Instruments
What is the Entrepreneur Perfect Storm?
- Have a good idea.
- Think you have a good idea.
- Have a spouse that does not understand your business, software, etc. – “A Synthetic Instrument????” What time is my nail appointment?
- Pick partners/associates that are (some crazy some bad) untrustworthy business partners. SI takes hardware too. Dam that fact.
- Not get funded. You might have been close, but the partners over valued their worth. Bye bye Angel…
- Pick a stagnant market, like DOD – Test Measurement. Oh they spend tons of money. But VC’s don’t touch that crap with a ten foot pole.
How does it end? Loose your spouse. Loose your house. Busted.
You are probably thinking I’m pretty foolish. Would I do it again? Let me ponder for a moment……